The Société de Développement Commercial (SDC) District Central is an organization that values your privacy and the protection of your personal information.
As part of our operations, we collect, use and process personal information for the purpose of providing our services.
By providing us with personal information (through our websites, by email, in person or by telephone), you consent to the processing of your personal information as set out in this Policy, and you authorize the SDC District Central and its service providers to process your personal information for the purposes set out below.
1. Who we are and what we do
The Société de Développement Commercial (SDC) District Central wishes to harmonize the business world by creating bridges between the various communities working and living in the District Central neighbourhood.
2. What personal information do we collect?
As part of our services, when you visit our websites www.metamorphose.district-central.ca and www.district-central.ca and when you communicate with us in other ways, we may collect and process various types of personal information about you, including:
- Personal details such as first and last name;
- Contact information (mailing address, email address and telephone number);
- Communication preferences (spoken language);
- Any other information voluntarily provided to us by email.
If you are under the age of 14, you should not provide us with any confidential information without the express consent of a parent or guardian.
3. How do we collect your personal information?
We collect your personal information in a number of ways:
- Directly from you during meetings at our offices or workplace visits;
- By digital means (telephone, email, fax);
- When you subscribe to our newsletter via our websites; and,
- When you request information via our contact form on our websites.
4. How do we use your personal information?
Your personal information will be used in accordance with applicable privacy legislation and only in ways to which you have consented.
We may use your personal information in any of the following ways and for the purposes indicated, in accordance with the framework provided below:
- To provide our services and for the proper conduct of our business, to administer and perform these services;
- To respond to the requests for information from visitors to our sites;
- To send our newsletter and invitations to events where a person has opted to receive such communications (they may unsubscribe at any time); and,
- To ensure compliance with our legal, regulatory and applicable risk management obligations.
We will use personal information only to achieve the primary purpose for which it was collected and for purposes that are legitimate and consistent with the said primary purpose.
5. With whom do we share personal information?
Note that your personal information may be shared with (in addition to our employees) certain third parties, such as:
- Third-party service providers and/or partners who help us establish, manage, and maintain our relationship with you and provide us with products and services. These third parties may access or process personal information in connection with the services they provide to us. We limit the information we provide to these service providers to that which is reasonably necessary for them to perform their functions, and our written contracts with these service providers require them to take reasonable and lawful steps to maintain the confidentiality of such information.
- Governmental, regulatory or law enforcement agencies when we are required to disclose such information or if we believe in good faith that such disclosure is necessary to comply with applicable laws.
6. How long do we keep personal information?
We will retain personal information only as long as necessary to fulfill the purposes for which the personal information was communicated to us and for all compatible or related authorized purposes.
We will cease using and storing your personal information once the intended purposes have been accomplished, all subject to the application of legal or regulatory retention periods.
7. Where do we store personal information or international transfers?
Your personal information is only intended for persons or entities established in Quebec. Your information is, thus, hosted on our servers and/or those of our IT service provider located in Quebec.
However, some of our service providers are located in other countries (i.e. France and the United States). You therefore agree to the transfer of your personal information to countries or provinces other than your province of residence where the rules governing the protection of personal information may be different.
Nonetheless, we ensure that these providers provide adequate protection in accordance with generally accepted industry standards to protect personal information.
8. How do we protect personal information?
We recognize that the security of information is an integral part of the confidentiality of personal information.
We follow generally accepted industry standards to protect the information submitted to us in accordance with applicable privacy legislation.
As such, we maintain reasonable physical, technical, or procedural safeguards to protect your personal information against the unlawful consultation, use, disclosure and destruction and any other privacy breach that does not comply with applicable legislation.
All member of the SDC District Central and third-party suppliers whose service we may retain and who process personal information on our behalf are also contractually bound to respect the confidentiality of your personal information.
9. Links to other sites
10. What are your rights regarding your personal information?
10.1 Rights of access, correction, or withdrawal of consent
To access your personal information, to request a modification of your personal information or to withdraw your consent to the disclosure or use of your personal information, you must submit a written request to the privacy officer at the SDC District Central (contact information is provided at the end of this Policy).
A correction request must be particularly precise and correctly identify you to allow the SDC District Central to correct or adequately complete the personal information deemed incorrect or incomplete.
A request for the withdrawal of consent will result in the termination of services offered by the SDC District Central for the person concerned.
10.2 Processing of requests
The SDC District Central will respond to requests for access, correction, or withdrawal of consent within 30 days, in accordance with the timelines prescribed by the Private Sector Privacy Act.
Any necessary assistance shall be reasonably provided to persons concerned who want to gain access to their personal information or correct this information, including clarifying exactly what they are looking for.
Depending on the amount of information requested in an access request, a nominal fee may reasonably be charged to cover the cost of responding to the request.
Written notification shall be provided if the SDC District Central must deny a person access to their personal information for legal, regulatory, or other reasons.
10.3 Your recourse before the Commission d’Accès à l’Information
If you are not satisfied with how the SDC District Central treated your request for access or the rectification of your personal information, in particular in the event of no response or an unsatisfactory response, you can submit a request to examine a disagreement to the Commission d’Accès à l’Information.
When you use our websites, we may set a “cookie” on your computer. Cookies are small data files created by your web browser and placed on your computer. These cookies can have several functions, including improving the operation of our website.
You can obtain more information about the cookies we use when you log on to one of our websites for the first time, a log-in banner informs your that cookies are used and invites to accept or reject cookies that are not essential to your navigation on our websites.
You can configure your preferences and modify your choices at any time during your subsequent visits to our websites.
12. How to communicate with us?
SDC DISTRICT CENTRAL
To the attention of the Privacy Officer
555 rue Chabanel Ouest, Suite R02A
Montréal (Québec) Canada H2N 2H7
We therefore encourage you to regularly visit our websites to stay informed about how we treat your personal information.
Last update: September 22, 2023