NEWS FROM RIGHT HERE
June 2, 2023
The SDC is Hiring : Administrative and Member Services Coordinator
Job type: Full-time – Permanent
The Société de développement commercial (SDC) District Central – the second largest in Montreal – is the catalyst and the voice for the Ahuntsic-Cartierville business world. It represents the combined forces of 2,000 business leaders united to develop a sector with outstanding economic, urban and human potential. Its mission is clear: breathe new life into this legendary neighbourhood, make it shine on a broader stage and propel it to the very top of Montreal’s economic landscape.
Thanks to the mobilization of the District Central’s business community, the SDC team can accomplish great things to transform the neighbourhood and meet the needs of businesses. The SDC never misses an opportunity to get out into the community and connect with entrepreneurs and workers in this historical neighbourhood. And the good news: the SDC needs an extra pair of hands to strengthen its efforts. Do you want to change the world? Keep reading ↓
The District Central is the 4th largest employment hub in Montreal with 25,000 workers making up a growing business ecosystem. The SDC has the potential to accommodate more than 40,000 workers. The variety of functions present in the District Central draws on three business pillars: the textile industry has shifted to design, factories to urban manufacturing and the technology industry is growing deeper roots. The District Central covers a three square kilometre area from Saint-Laurent Boulevard, Sauvé Street, Highway 15 and Highway 40. The new world of business is right HERE.
THE SDC IS HIRING !
The SDC is looking for a dynamic, committed, and experienced individual who will act as an ambassador for the territory and its local businesses, in the role of Administrative and Member Services Coordinator.
Reporting to the Executive Director, the Administrative and Member Services Coordinator will be responsible for ensuring the internal administration of the organization, ensuring sound management. He or she will coordinate the organization’s various activities, as well as ensuring close follow-up on the requests and needs of local businesses. A true resource for the team and its partners, he or she will work closely on the deployment of the SDC’s strategic vision and employer brand for the coming years.
The main responsibilities include:
- Support management in the drafting of contracts, agreements, protocols, policies, regulations and ensure their implementation, management and follow-up.
- Be proficient in the rules of governance (NPO’s, an asset), organize board meetings, annual meetings, and the electoral process, take minutes and ensure follow-up as needed.
- Develop budget forecasts, make recommendations to the Executive Director, and keep the budget up to date.
- Participate in drafting applications for financing and reporting to the organization’s public and private funders.
- Ensure the organization and administrative management of the office, including following up with various organizations and suppliers, as well as managing mail, filing and archiving, etc.
- Coordinate bookkeeping, invoicing, accounts payable, the production of source deductions and tax reports, and prepare audit files in collaboration with the external accountant.
- Bring human resources management strategies to life, contribute to the well-being of the team while respecting the values and orientations of the business, and keep abreast of new trends in human resources.
- Support managers in the hiring, onboarding, integration, and evaluation of staff and in the management of contracts and policies.
- Follow up on files and requests with rigour and professionalism. Assist the team by ensuring that various documents are properly translated and corrected. Perform any other related tasks.
- Answer phone calls and general emails rigour and professionalism.
- Greet clients by ensuring an appropriate presence in the office, in collaboration and rotation with team members.
- Keep an up-to-date list of businesses in the territory, in collaboration with municipal bodies by monitoring activities, e.g., departures and arrivals.
- Implement, in collaboration with the team, an onboarding strategy for new businesses, and ensure its deployment and follow-up.
- Rigorously update the customer relationship management (CRM) tool, in conjunction with the Business Intelligence Coordinator, ensure its proper functioning and alignment with the needs of local businesses.
- Take responsibility for requests from businesses in the territory and ensure the necessary follow-up and action to resolve situations, or refer them to the appropriate people to meet their expectations.
- Effective start date: As soon as possible
- Weekday daytime schedule, with occasional evenings and weekends
- Telework possible with regular office presence and rotation (hybrid)
- A human and positive workplace offering flexibility.
- Diploma in a relevant field (administration, office management, legal)
- 3-5 years experience in a similar position
- Excellent oral and written communication in English and French
- Excellent knowledge of MS Office Suite
- Excellent skills in Adobe Acrobat
- Knowledge of Sage 50 software (asset)
- Knowledge of customer relationship management (CRM) tools (asset)
- Knowledge of associations and the municipal sector (asset)
- An interest in economic, commercial, social, and urban development (asset)
- Autonomous, dynamic, and proactive
- Demonstrated ability to establish and maintain trusting relationships
- Sense of community and common purpose
- Ability to handle information with discretion and confidentiality
- Friendly, pleasant and positive
- At the SDC, you must enjoy being part of the action!
Please submit your resume by email to [email protected].
Note: Only selected candidates will be contacted.
Dedicated to the international development of French businesses, the Paris-based organization Mieux Entreprendre recently chose District Central as its first stop on a tour of North American business districts, before…Read More