August 24, 2021
Looking for a Project Manager: Builders’ Program
- Job type: Temporary – 25 months
- Schedule: 35 hours/week
- Main job field: Real Estate
- Secondary field: Project Development
- Years of min. relevant experience: 3
- Min. education: University
- Salary: To be discussed
- Deadline for applications: September 8, 2021
La Société de développement commercial (SDC) District Central – the third largest in Montreal – is the catalyst and the voice for the Ahuntsic-Cartierville business world. It represents the combined forces of 1,800 business leaders united to develop a sector with outstanding economic urban and human potential. Its missions is clear: breathe new life into this legendary neighbourhood, make it shine on a broader stage and propel it to the very top of Montreal’s economic landscape.
The District Central is Montreal’s 4th largest employment hub generating more than 25,000 jobs in a growing business ecosystem, and has the potential to accommodate up to 40,000 workers. The district boasts a variety of industries and draws on three business pillars: design (textile), urban manufacturing and technology. The District covers a three square kilometre quadrilateral from Saint-Laurent Boulevard to Highway 15, and Highway 40 to Sauvé Street.
The SDC is looking for a dynamic and motivated individual to fill the position of Project Manager – Builders’ Program, which is the 2nd major focus of the Connector of Opportunities project launched in 2021. He or she will act as ambassador to the territory and to its members.
Reporting to the Director of Strategy and Business Relations, the Project Manager – Builders’ Program will be responsible for carrying out the second objective of the SDC’s Connector of Opportunities project, be it to create and develop the Builders’ Program, identified as an essential lever for the implementation of flagship and unifying projects for the District Central. He or she will have to contact and mobilize local real estate players in order to bring about concrete projects aimed at the development of the territory. He or she will also have to implement a range of services dedicated to this ecosystem in order to meet their needs to promote the attractiveness of the District Central and the recruitment and retention of its businesses and workers.
The individual chosen will be the spokesperson for the real estate community, allowing him or her to target opportunities for the community and for the development of the territory.
The individual chosen will work closely with the Project Manager – Connector of Opportunities in order to feed the SDC’s client market and meet project expectations.
THE MAIN RESPONSABILITIES INCLUDE:
- Develop and animate the District Central real estate community (committee, event planning, workshops);
- Develop a service offering dedicated to the real estate sector and ensure its deployment and relevance;
- Identify and structure the District Central’s real estate offering and identify trends;
- Develop and coordinate the deployment of projects financed by the Builders’ Program;
- Build (draft, finance, implement) the Builders’ Program and ensure the sustainability of actions initiated to secure a follow-up to the project;
- Implement collaboration mechanism between the actors of the ecosystem needed for the success of the mandate;
- Develop the necessary tools for the implementation of the project (e.g. communication tools, canvassing material) in collaboration with the Communications team;
- Rigorously enter information and data collected in the SDC’s CRM tool, know how to analyze the data, and highlight trends in order to develop strategies adapted to the needs of the real estate sector;
- Understand and use the SDC’s ecosystem and know how to refer to the appropriate resources;
- Ensure that projects are in line with the SDC’s relaunch plan, the business plan and all other SDC projects in progress or under development;
- Ensure project accountability (writing reports with supporting documents) and follow-up project obligations and deliverables;
- Perform all other related tasks.
- Effective start date: October 12, 2021;
- Daytime schedule, available evenings and weekends on occasion;
- Telework available.
- University degree in a relevant discipline (real estate, urbanism, project management, economic development) or equivalent experience;
- Expertise of the Commercial Real Estate
- Extensive knowledge in business development;
- At least 3 years’ experience in a similar position;
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office;
- Excellent knowledge of French and English languages (written and spoken);
- Comfortable using client management (CRM) tools (asset);
- Experience in the associative and/or business group environment (asset).
- Positive attitude, team player, adaptable, autonomous, sociable and dynamic;
- Proven ability in member and client services, ability to understand the business environment
- Ability to mobilize and coordinate by adopting a systematic and transversal approach;
- Strong sense of priority management and organization, flexibility and discretion.
Please submit your resume and your cover letter by email to email@example.com
Note: Only elected candidates will be contacted.