July 21, 2017
Check out Jazzy Thursdays at the Place Iona-Monahan on Chabanel Street
To kick-off the summer in beauty, La société de développement commercial DISTRICT CENTRAL (SDC) commissioned the NPO Ahuntsic en Fugue to create a musical program that will animate the Chabanel district. As a result, Jazz concerts will take place every Thursday, at noon, at the Place Iona-Monahan , from June 22nd to August 24th. This year, the music industry will be celebrating its first musical summer!
Each week, three musicians from the group Jazz qui peut will perform a wide range of jazz styles: from Miles Davis to Les Colocs (Quebecer Pop music group), from Rhythm & Blues to Bossa Nova and Samba, and much more. The artists playing these themes are:
- Mathieu Gaulin on saxophone;
- Alexandre Tremblay on double bass; and
- David Lepage on drums.
Occasionally, Carlo Birri will be part of the action by playing the bass.
The SDC DISTRICT CENTRAL would like to thank Clement Canac Marquis, Member of the Board of Directors of Ahuntsic en Fugue, as well as his team, for helping make this wonderful project a reality.
The programming of the #JAZZYTHURSDAYS on the Place Iona-Monahan
- June 22: Quebec jazzified (in honor of St. John)
- 29 June: film music
- 6 July: ‘ 50s: rhythm & blues and early rock (Elvis)
- 13 July: Funk, soul and groove [with Carlo Birri in lieu of Alexandre Tremblay]
- 20 July: DJFM – Chabanel Fashion
- 27 July: Dixieland & New Orleans [Alexander and two other guests]
- 3 August: DJFM – dinner-Lounge
- 10 August: Miles Davis
- 17 August: Brazilian Festival (bossa nova and samba)
- 24 August: Swing (Armstrong, Ellington, Goodman)
The District Central is a neighbourhood located at the crossroads of many public transit infrastructures: three commuter train stations and soon, a Réseau express métropolitain (REM) station nearby. Already…Read More